Public Releases became too big

can_snoxd

Public Releases has too much content my opinion its hard to find what you looking for unless you know 100% , we either need a tag so people can tag it or a subforum inside public releases

Example like Tools = anything related to ko tools goes there 

Edited by can_snoxd
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, can_snoxd said:

Public Releases has too much content my opinion its hard to find what you looking for unless you know 100% , we either need a tag so people can tag it or a subforum inside public releases

Example like Tools = anything related to ko tools goes there 

First off, thanks for the feedback.

@Giladis indeed on it with @TomatoDePotato, I am a bit less involved in this as I'm not familiar with these section(s) but aware of the upcoming changes.

As for the tags, we can definetly implement certain tags for these sections and perhaps even force OP's to choose a tag from a list of tags.

See example here: https://ko4life.net/forum/22-hellsgarem/page/2/

If thats what you meant, I would be interested in a list of tags you think that would fit the section you're referring to.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TomatoDePotato said:

@Adi I have a suggestion on some Prefixes I have thought of:

[1298]
[1310]
[1351]
[1397]
[Any Version]
[SQL]
[EVT]
[TBL]
[DB]

If I come across any more whilst I'm in the "Moving Threads About Groove" I will be sure to post back here. :D

1351 is impossible to play now since client + db is missing all you can find is dead links , i have v1397 client db and files i will upload soon

i think instead

1397  (pre 2.0)

1453 (also known as 2.0 in old sohu)

[Any version] (v1453 to 1705 is almost 99% same i dont know about 1886 probably close)

2xxx (also known as 3.0 in offical chinese servers)

[Server Related] (contains all sql evt and db)

[Database](also contains tbl)

Edited by can_snoxd
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, can_snoxd said:

2xxx (also known as 3.0 in offical chinese servers)

[2xxx] tag could be good I think.

We also need to make sure to keep them short in order to keep the title length short as well.

3.0 contains anything after green ui comes on chinese version , same rule apply for 2.0 anything with fire drake ui counts 2.0. this could shorten a lot

Later edit = @Gilad is it possible to do search tags different colour ? since they are all same colour its hard to identify and how can we create tagged topic i tried [[1298]] didnt work

Edited by can_snoxd

15 hours ago, can_snoxd said:

3.0 contains anything after green ui comes on chinese version , same rule apply for 2.0 anything with fire drake ui counts 2.0. this could shorten a lot

Later edit = @Gilad is it possible to do search tags different colour ? since they are all same colour its hard to identify and how can we create tagged topic i tried [[1298]] didnt work

I'm a little bit confused by this v3.0, v2.0 version semantics you mentioning. I also don't know much about the Chinese KO version, except that it's just a another publisher from China known as Sohu inc..The KO internal version is probably the same as all other publishers. In order to avoid confusion, please let's be more specific and technical regarding what we're talking about.

Regarding the colors of the Prefixes, that sounds like a great idea. But as @Adi already mentioned, let's first decide what are all the Prefixes we want to have and then make a final list of colors for each tag, i.e:

[1298] - Blue
[1310] - Purple

Let's also make sure that we don't over-do it, because we don't get a Rainbow of colors when browsing these topics ^_^.

• Like 2

As i said before biggest issue about 1310 people cant find version on the internet since all links dead , only v1310 server files viable as for client and database its impossible to find i search for weeks yet i got no result. Thats why i suggest using v1397 instead of v1310

41 minutes ago, can_snoxd said:

As i said before biggest issue about 1310 people cant find version on the internet since all links dead , only v1310 server files viable as for client and database its impossible to find i search for weeks yet i got no result. Thats why i suggest using v1397 instead of v1310

Maybe you could post the 1310 server files? Maybe someone soon will post a 1310 client.

Its not hard to build a 1310 DB from a 1298 DB.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
Dnia 24.05.2020 o 18:13, TomatoDePotato napisał:

Maybe you could post the 1310 server files? Maybe someone soon will post a 1310 client.

Its not hard to build a 1310 DB from a 1298 DB.

Done & done 🙂 I was thinking that we could create a topic about each version of server files & client showing pros & cons.

Like for example v1298 is quite easy for begginers because it has most content available & doesn't involve much coding abilities, but on the other hand if you are experienced coder you might want to try higher versions because v1298 is quite limited because we don't have the source code.

And so on for each version.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 9:09 PM, can_snoxd said:

1351 is impossible to play now since client + db is missing all you can find is dead links , i have v1397 client db and files i will upload soon

I think I can provide my old WildKO server files (was 1351).

if you want then talk to me so i will check it up.

Edited by ForcePower
  • Like 1