Hello what do you think about create a discord server?

Janek

Moved from General Discussion to Feedback section.

Hi Janek and thanks for the feedback!

I personally don't use discord, but I think it's really good chatting system for gamers.

In terms of ko4life & discord, not sure how I feel about this, because it would encourage people writing instant messages and obviously that will reduce activity on this forum. Basically community forums & chatting systems are not comparable and could potentially conflict with interests.

In terms of ko4life PSKO & discord, I personally think it's hard to maintain content like this and also people would be asking repetitive questions without doing any research on their technical problems, due to having the ability of having instant messaging. When you create a topic, it's naturally makes you think a little a bit more of what your post is about. This is also a good reason why we don't have Shoutbox on ko4life.

This is just my personal opinion, so if there is something more you would like to say on the subject, my ears are open :).

Discord can be a good addition but not in the current stage, I'd say we'd need more activity on a daily basis so having a discord won't affect the forums that much.

This is the main reason I didn't add any sort of chat box or shoutbox of any sort in order to have all the discussions within the forum itself.

I find Chatboxes quite efficient when it comes to large communities (50+ users active at all time, e.g. 50 at once at any time of the day).

Discord is more or less the same but might indeed pull more users which will likely lead to a decrease in the activity that we have in here.

The development section itself is quite good when it comes to forums vs Discord IMO, mainly because users can easily search for certain discussions regarding questions/topics they'd like to view and see all the comments within this specific discussion.

I might be wrong about this but I happen to think almost the same as Gilad does, perhaps you're able to post more information regarding it which might make me believe I'm wrong about this and you're right.

• Like 1