Drama (Pulled out from Rise Online topic)

nikos32

On 3/26/2020 at 4:47 PM, Gilad said:

@nikos32 There you go, you got your answer right above me as I tried to explain to you twice that they use Unity. 

You seem to have big ego, even though it didn't seem like that all the times we chatted privately. It wasn't mentioned anywhere (from their side) that they're working in Unity, so based on what I've seen in their youtube videos I just assumed that they're working in UE.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:41 AM, nikos32 said:

I think that both upcoming games are made with Unreal Engine 4, and despite that, both of them look the same as any other early-and-mid 2010's MMORPG looks like nowadays. Their graphics quality is nowhere close to 2020 MMORPG standards.

Despite the use of different engines, both games look so ugly, just like any 2010-2015 mmorpg nowadays, so... :) 

On 4/7/2020 at 2:04 PM, nikos32 said:

You seem to have big ego, even though it didn't seem like that all the times we chatted privately. It wasn't mentioned anywhere (from their side) that they're working in Unity, so based on what I've seen in their youtube videos I just assumed that they're working in UE.

Right, reason I quoted you twice, because it didn't sound like you're "assuming" as you admit now and made yourself look like you really know what you're talking about. Based on every comment that comes from you, I think you need to reflect on yourself before judging others:

On 4/7/2020 at 1:39 PM, nikos32 said:

95% of the content that's in this PSKO section is stuff that twostars, osmanx, me

The fact that you mention yourself with these two guys who kick-started most of the development at the time, just goes to show your true colors. I actually remember very good your "contribution" to snoxd community forums. Can't forget that "ODP Reader" (it's actually stands for OPD - acronym for Object Post Data) that you released and bothered changing the app title to "OPD Reader (nikos32 - 2013)" and removing the original author credits, which was originally coded by someone from the Turkish community.

Now it's 2020 and you still bother showing every now and then to comment negative none sense without actually contributing to the discussion or anything community like. How about using that energy into something more positive and teach the "kids" (as you like to call them) your knowledge of KO? I'm sure they might use your help. You can look at the Private Server Development section, there are pretty interesting questions there.

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, Gilad said:

On 4/7/2020 at 2:39 PM, nikos32 said:

95% of the content that's in this PSKO section is stuff that twostars, osmanx, me

Right, reason I quoted you twice, because it didn't sound like you're "assuming" as you admit now and made yourself look like you're really know what you're talking about. Based on every comment that comes from you, I think you need to reflect on yourself before judging others:

The fact that you mention yourself with these two guys who kick-started most of the development at the time, just goes to show your true colors. I actually remember very good your "contribution" to snoxd community forums. Can't forget that "ODP Reader" (it's actually stands for OPD - acronym for Object Post Data) that you released and bothered changing the app title to "OPD Reader (nikos32 - 2013)" and removing the original author credits, which was originally coded by someone from the Turkish the community.

Now it's 2020 and you still bother showing every now and then to comment negative things without actually contributing to the discussion or anything community like. How about using that energy into something more positive and teach the "kids" (as you like to call them) your knowledge of KO? I'm sure they might need use of your help. You can look at the Private Server Development section, there are pretty interesting questions there.

Nickos can not mention him self in the same line with twostars nd osmanx and even others names.

I am in ko scene development since 2006 , nickos suddenly appeared there around late 2011?

I never see him release any content (maybe just one? tp to some area) , most of the stuff being released was by twostars, little bit more by osmanx and few by me (Converted most of ASM patches from 1298 to 13xx and released them) , Jonny , mamaorha,

also we had a closed forum called "EQ" which nickos never had access to it (it was running since 2008~2010) and the users were: twostars , osmanx , Si , Jonny , Mamaorha, ibsk8r , Zenocide , SexyReply, gerydeft, goatchezz and myself.

I remember nickos was working on usko hacks stuff...  never heard of him helping in private to other people like others here doing.

I am not trying to offense nickos , I am just stating facts, I do not like when people pretend to be something they are clearly not.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, Gilad said:

Right, reason I quoted you twice, because it didn't sound like you're "assuming" as you admit now and made yourself look like you really know what you're talking about. Based on every comment that comes from you, I think you need to reflect on yourself before judging others:

The fact that you mention yourself with these two guys who kick-started most of the development at the time, just goes to show your true colors. I actually remember very good your "contribution" to snoxd community forums. Can't forget that "ODP Reader" (it's actually stands for OPD - acronym for Object Post Data) that you released and bothered changing the app title to "OPD Reader (nikos32 - 2013)" and removing the original author credits, which was originally coded by someone from the Turkish community.

Now it's 2020 and you still bother showing every now and then to comment negative none sense without actually contributing to the discussion or anything community like. How about using that energy into something more positive and teach the "kids" (as you like to call them) your knowledge of KO? I'm sure they might use your help. You can look at the Private Server Development section, there are pretty interesting questions there.

First of all, you keep cutting/editing and showing quotes the way you like. This is what I said:

95% of the content that's in this PSKO section is stuff that twostars, osmanx, me and a couple of other guys used to share back in 2008-2014 at Snoxd and KODevs. I'm surprised that there are still people out there who find all this stuff useful, to the point that you actually needed to have "exclusive" sections, lol.

I mentioned twostars and osmanx because most of the content in PSKO section was made by them and probably those are the only guys you are aware of, because you had joined in our community in 2013 or something, if I recall correctly.
Also, I mentioned myself because I helped a lot of people at snoxd with my guides/releases but also many server owners privately at that time. And I'm still sharing my knowledge and part of my work, for example, with the most populated english based ko server that's around right now, while I'm owning ProfessionalKO since 2013 (unofficially) / 2014 (officially).
I could name you more people who contributed mostly on official KO hacking but also have done some PSKO work (and some of them with bigger contribution than mine, not of quantity but of value). I didn't know that you would be so touchy about it though so here we go: DeathsEffigy, Forsaken, Frognik, KoJD, 458F, GoatCheez, Bladez, SexyReplay, TheTompa, Si, John, Epox

You seem to be very mad that we all stopped contributing after snoxd was shut down... especially after twostars and stephen continued working privately on that OpenKO project, at least that's what you told me few months ago, right ?

That OPD Reader was actually an open source project that I only had to translate and fix some compilation bugs. Stupid move to put my name on it ? as of 2020 the answer is yes, but back then it didn't seem like that.
As much as you can't forget that tool, I also can't forget that you have added your name to the credits of the N3MAP editor and I'm afraid in other mgame's tools too. So your phrase stands well: "I think you need to reflect on yourself (and admit your own mistakes I would include) before judging others".

Oh boy, you should show some respect to the people who helped you to get improved throughout the time (especially when there are several of my topics reposted in this forums where you're an admin at) because it seems that you think too highly of yourself.
You seem to forget your (silly nowadays) questions on some of my topics especially on the few (useless nowadays) asm patches that I had publicly shared back then.

@ForcePower , I'm sorry buddy but even though you claim that you've been around since 2006, I do not know much about you either. I think that you've been a GM on MaxKO or on KO SEA/MY and that you've been experimenting with 13xx files in the meantime.

By the way, sharing the 13xx offsets of a 1298 patch is not called contribution (nor copying and pasting most of the snoxd content in here). It's exactly what twostars used to say. The ASM guide is there, go and learn how to do this by yourself.

But if you want to know more about me, then feel free to check my snoxd (since you have done all this copying/pasting of snoxd content you should already know who I am but anyways), kodevs and old ko4life activity.

Nikos,

You haven't contributed much of anything to the community, please stop with the nonsense. You are an egotistical maniac who believes people copy and take everything of your ideas when in reality if your mouth wasn't around Osman's dick so much, you wouldn't have much of a server anyways. Ah, tough reality. Glad to see you are still somehow making a living on KO at your age, I would assume it isn't much but somehow keeps you afloat, so I guess kudos to you on that.

"Feel free to check my Snoxd" Check your Snoxd? You got Snoxd still up somewhere? So you can bask in your greatness of all of your releases? 

Edited by ReesesPieces

Guys, clearly there's hatred here but you're going wayyyyyyy off topic.

Not saying everyone should agree with each other but what your contribution to KO private servers discussion has to do with Rise online?

I don't think this is contributing to this discussion any how and there's no reason for readers who are actually interested in Rise Online to come and read all this nonsense which isn't even related to the topic.

From this (my post) and forward anything non related to the actual topic will be removed so don't waste your time writing anything that's non essential to the topic itself.

26 minutes ago, Adi said:

Guys, clearly there's hatred here but you're going wayyyyyyy off topic.

Not saying everyone should agree with each other but what your contribution to KO private servers discussion has to do with Rise online?

I don't think this is contributing to this discussion any how and there's no reason for readers who are actually interested in Rise Online to come and read all this nonsense which isn't even related to the topic.

From this (my post) and forward anything non related to the actual topic will be removed so don't waste your time writing anything that's non essential to the topic itself.

If I wasn't notified via email I wouldn't even bother to comment anything.

Long story short (of my opinion that some of you don't like and started this drama); too much hype for a game that is doomed to fail. New dev team trying to make a KO clone instead of working on something new. KO fans will give it a try and then they will return to KO.

@Adi by supporting trolls and leechers I'm afraid that you'll never see any actual contribution happening in this forums. And that means no forum activity and no donations to keep hosting it.

1 hour ago, nikos32 said:

Long story short (of my opinion that some of you don't like and started this drama); too much hype for a game that is doomed to fail. New dev team trying to make a KO clone instead of working on something new. KO fans will give it a try and then they will return to KO.

@Adi by supporting trolls and leechers I'm afraid that you'll never see any actual contribution happening in this forums. And that means no forum activity and no donations to keep hosting it.

I am not supporting anybody here nor care about your childish fights.

Going off topic is simply ruinning the read for people who actually care about this topic.

I wasn't adressing anyone specifically, either it's you or someone else, go off topic and your post will be removed.

Theortically, you guys are arguing in a World of Warcraft section regarding something that's related to League of Legends, you understand how idiotic it looks? most importantly doesn't really contribute to the topic in any aspect.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nikos32 said:

@ForcePower , I'm sorry buddy but even though you claim that you've been around since 2006, I do not know much about you either. I think that you've been a GM on MaxKO or on KO SEA/MY and that you've been experimenting with 13xx files in the meantime.

By the way, sharing the 13xx offsets of a 1298 patch is not called contribution (nor copying and pasting most of the snoxd content in here). It's exactly what twostars used to say. The ASM guide is there, go and learn how to do this by yourself.

But if you want to know more about me, then feel free to check my snoxd (since you have done all this copying/pasting of snoxd content you should already know who I am but anyways), kodevs and old ko4life activity.

The only nikos I remember from 2008 and from Greece was a scammer who scammed me and few others devs..

I did a lot on the background and others can proof that.

I never was GM on any server,  I was admin at MYKO/SEA and I brought twostars and denniz to work with me there, then I had conflict with Daniel Koh and I quitted, but I runned servers long  before this one and helped much others to become online!.

My nickname is ForcePower back in time I was called by my real name Amir.

also @Adi can assure what I am saying is correct , he was GM in my servers and played with me at USKO for long time.

Anyway, few years ago, we had chatted in IRC , and I asked you if your the same nikos sotlarto from Greece , you said ur not.

and I told u I never see you around the psko community, you told me its because u was never involved and ur known more in the usko hack section.

So just to let you know how long I  Am in the KO development scene so I was admin at KO4FUN R.I.P(2006-2009) with NOFX , Si, Zenocide and I never see you there... even on RageZone.

and if your so star and remember old snoxd times (before it was handled to twostars) even there I had Dev tag .

I can drug Jonny to this converstion and he will tell you who supported him on LSKO (so old 2007~2008), Hell awaits aka TNGN Network (2007-2009) Si`s servers. Same for ibs8er on Knight-Empire (2008-~2009) and many more.

8 hours ago, nikos32 said:

+1

Also Iamcoolz can guarantee you who I am , because before we shutted down KO4FUN , He was mode there and helped us to manage the forum and trying to avoid leechers and so on.

Please Nikos, do a favor to your self, don't try to prove something that your  clearly not.

Do not try to re write history, because u will fail.

Force Out!

Edited by ForcePower

11 minutes ago, ForcePower said:

I can drug Jonny to this converstion and he will tell you who supported him on LSKO (so old 2007~2008), Hell awaits aka TNGN Network (2007-2009) Si`s servers. Same for ibs8er on Knight-Empire (2008-~2009) and many more.

Lol I had access to all of them at one point and can definitely confirm :P 

It's funny though, so much time has passed and KO is still all about ego :D

3 minutes ago, mo3head said:

sup old buddy!!!

long time no see....

a lot of people do not know how much you helped private servers... releasing the exploits and not save it to your self.. point us where to look so we can find a solution.

10 hours ago, ReesesPieces said:

Nikos,

You haven't contributed much of anything to the community, please stop with the nonsense. You are an egotistical maniac who believes people copy and take everything of your ideas when in reality if your mouth wasn't around Osman's dick so much, you wouldn't have much of a server anyways. Ah, tough reality. Glad to see you are still somehow making a living on KO at your age, I would assume it isn't much but somehow keeps you afloat, so I guess kudos to you on that.

"Feel free to check my Snoxd" Check your Snoxd? You got Snoxd still up somewhere? So you can bask in your greatness of all of your releases? 

Snoxd still there but we are using discord form only and we are using and promoting ko4life as our forum (i have my personal blog as well but i only share files + codes, i disable comments and register option as well since its impossible to use my blog as active conversation platform i cant moderate anything)

I never see this nikos32 guy in our discord not even once

I can understand copyright issues are in greyzone when it comes to software

Almost all of my editors tools were turkish before. I reverse engineer everything i got , translate them to english. Every single editor file i find has different copyright coded in it , when i recode it i just add snoxd and never claim it myself. But i know well sure everything comes from either old snoxd or twostars

I realy dont like when people using ko community for money , ko dev community and playerbase already low as it is. Im in it for fun and its my hobby (im also living in turkey with dirty poor economy yet i still refuse to sell for my help about anything ko related to anyone)

Edited by can_snoxd
  • Like 2

@ForcePower still you've contributed literally nothing (same goes for iamcoolz and anybody else who's member in this forum except twostars, osmanx, bitshift and gilad) throughout all these years. I don't remember you helping anyone in any of the forums I've been part of (publicly at least) on/off since 2007. You had just been asking for help from time to time and then were pretending to be someone you are not by giving the 13xx offsets of 12xx twostars-made patches. Pretending to be someone you are not while no one actually knows you for such reasons is a damn serious thing buddy. Being part of a forums community doesn't mean that you've done anything about it though. Neither any of these easily-achieved titles do.

Seriously, other than being part of 1 good server for a small period of time doesn't make you someone else.

Daniel Koh contacted me back then (to merge my community members with his and other stuff) and It was him who actually kicked you (I think it was back in 2011) from the team and no you weren't an admin there, but it seems that you like and you're used to giving such titles to yourself. And the collaboration with twostars that you're recalling ended up fighting between each other. Si isn't involved with KO stuff anymore, he wanted to make a comeback once back in 2012-2013 and asked me to make a shoutout to gather some old folks together but then he was gone MIA again.

I had to do some research and yeah, I remembered when you thought that I was somebody else, rofl;
vMUJ4ia.png
ntjh5qM.png

To be honest, as long as you're posting such non-sense stuff in a forum that's between friends, where there are only 20-30 members browsing it, it's fine. I would advice you to not do this anywhere else for the sake of the KO community.

As for iamcoolz / @ReesesPieces, let me quote an older post of mine;

No wonder why everyone knows you (Iamcoolz) as the biggest leecher and ass-licker in the PSKO scene, lol.

As for DaSinister, asides from his curses about your son, I totally agree with him.

You didn't answer what makes our server so special though, but alright

^this.

And I dunno why you think that osmanx is somehow involved with ProfessionalKO. And you've never told me what SOACS has that makes my server so special (ikr). Then why don't you just buy the SOACS ? oh yeah, I forgot. You already did and failed. You've been banned from KO forums and you've launched servers that failed a dozen times. You got guts for still being around though, I have to give you that!

5niXhPP.png
gbL93PJ.png
TYv0sGK.png
sdfTnfn.png

PrisGq5.png

You've always been hiding your identity by using random nicknames in every failed server attempt due to your bad reputation... even 10 years ago, oh boi.
P.S. Attention whore, this is what you really are.

EDIT:
I don't know why I'm involved in this drama though. I never said I'm equal to twostars or osmanx. It seems that you fell in Gilad's trap with his misleading quotes of my posts. Here's what I had said;

95% of the content that's in this PSKO section is stuff that twostars, osmanx, me and a couple of other guys used to share back in 2008-2014 at Snoxd and KODevs. I'm surprised that there are still people out there who find all this stuff useful, to the point that you actually needed to have "exclusive" sections, lol.

Edited by nikos32

Nikos, your signature is so gay. No one wants to live in Greece.

P.S. One could imply you put yourself next to their names on purpose.

P.S.S I say good luck to everyone who invests large amounts of cash into a server and people on my Skype all the time. Fuck me for being a nice guy I suppose.

P.S.S.S. The OSKO stuff is so old, and it was proven it wasn't me who wiped his insecure sack of shit forum he was using. The problem with using nulled IPB.

Edited by ReesesPieces

37 minutes ago, nikos32 said:

EDIT:
I don't know why I'm involved in this drama though. I never said I'm equal to twostars or osmanx. It seems that you fell in Gilad's trap with his misleading quotes of my posts. Here's what I had said;

You acting like you own this game tho , just help the communtity if you want to show yourself.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, nikos32 said:

@ForcePower still you've contributed literally nothing (same goes for iamcoolz and anybody else who's member in this forum except twostars, osmanx, bitshift and gilad) throughout all these years. I don't remember you helping anyone in any of the forums I've been part of (publicly at least) on/off since 2007. You had just been asking for help from time to time and then were pretending to be someone you are not by giving the 13xx offsets of 12xx twostars-made patches. Pretending to be someone you are not while no one actually knows you for such reasons is a damn serious thing buddy. Being part of a forums community doesn't mean that you've done anything about it though. Neither any of these easily-achieved titles do.

Seriously, other than being part of 1 good server for a small period of time doesn't make you someone else.

Daniel Koh contacted me back then (to merge my community members with his and other stuff) and It was him who actually kicked you (I think it was back in 2011) from the team and no you weren't an admin there, but it seems that you like and you're used to giving such titles to yourself. And the collaboration with twostars that you're recalling ended up fighting between each other. Si isn't involved with KO stuff anymore, he wanted to make a comeback once back in 2012-2013 and asked me to make a shoutout to gather some old folks together but then he was gone MIA again.

I had to do some research and yeah, I remembered when you thought that I was somebody else, rofl;
vMUJ4ia.png
ntjh5qM.png

To be honest, as long as you're posting such non-sense stuff in a forum that's between friends, where there are only 20-30 members browsing it, it's fine. I would advice you to not do this anywhere else for the sake of the KO community.

ROFL!

I helped tons of people via msn nd skype all over the years.

WildKO and NAKO were 2 of my servers and was very successful.

about MYKO/SEA I started this project with Daniel Koh as equals, we had some issues between us that's end the relationship , which  re made 3 years later when he contact me and I connected him to Osmanx, then I quit cos I served in army and he scammed osmanx, u can ask osmanx he will verify what I am saying.

As I said stuff I have been doing was released in forum call "EQ" , U was never there.

I don't pretend to be a big coder or something like it because I am not but I learn everyday.

Your so hypocrite ,when you needed Gilad you was licking his ass to do stuff for you because u had no clue where even to start or had the intention of learn how to.

You do not know me and what I have done to this community in every aspect so please back to your hole asap.

I won't replay there anymore , your not worth the time I waste on replying to you.

Honestly @nikos32, I never had any personal issues with you nor hatred, in fact, I thought you were actually mature and a good guy from the short impression I got from you on Skype, as I’m not well informed about your past relationships with others in the PSKO (nor I care). But when you suddenly appear in our community with this disgusting attitude that you have, pretending to know it all (“done that, been there”, “I’m from the oldies, you all leechers copy cats”), whilst saying nonsense bs, you can’t expect me to not respond to you. I can understand that triggered you, but this is a public discussion after all.

You pulled the drama trigger unnecessarily when you started harassing me and talk about my Ego. You pretend like we had some kind of personal relationship in Skype, when in fact we only had quick chats occasionally about KO stuff.

Now I’m not exactly sure why you’re being so personal? What’s your end goal? Maybe calling for attention? I honestly don’t know, but you seem to be carrying something with you that you try so hard to express yourself, but just can’t do that right and ending up lying or being aggressive. I honestly hate handling this stupid drama, this is probably the worst waste of time ever, but because you are being such a douchebag liar, I’ll keep your nonsense comments in this Off-Topic section and address some of them.

17 hours ago, nikos32 said:

you had joined in our community in 2013 or something, if I recall correctly.

Was 2014, end of 2013 if you really want to be that precise (not that it’s important).

You seem to be very mad that we all stopped contributing after snoxd was shut down... especially after twostars and stephen continued working privately on that OpenKO project, at least that's what you told me few months ago, right ?

Is this also one of your manipulative ways to get more people involved in this drama, so that we won’t focus on your bs nonsense? Nice try. You really think people are stupid and can’t see what you’re trying to do.  “Mad” is kind of a strong wrong, don’t you think? I’m probably the last person that would get mad on people who don’t contribute, in fact, I only focus and appreciate people who do contribute and taking part in our community (none toxic and proud people like you).

That OPD Reader was actually an open source project that I only had to translate and fix some compilation bugs.

Open source? Interesting… (**strong surprised tune**). You didn’t mention that in the topic you released it. I’m just going to quote what you said there:

i was workin on it just for a few days or even just for a few hours per month.

It has been written by merst and me. I dunno who that Dawn is? and afterall, we've shared our source code with another people privately so theres no doubt someone usin it for its own credits but damn, a forum admin ? that's a lame.

I only had to translate and fix some compilation bugs.

“Compilation bugs” in a .NET application? You honestly make it sound like this was a huge project, when in fact I know that you just decompiled it and that’s why you had to “fix” compilation bugs, or in correct words; “make it compile”.  I’ll just attach what I saw from Wayback Machine archives as a reference:

ODP Reader - Releases - Snoxd_files.zip

Now the fact that you say you had to translate it, puts you on the rabbit hole. Congratulation!

As much as you can't forget that tool, I also can't forget that you have added your name to the credits of the N3MAP editor and I'm afraid in other mgame's tools too.

You realize that you’re comparing now potato’s to oranges, right? I was addressing you removing the original author credits and claiming that you coded it, when the truth is that you didn’t. Reason I addressed this, because you said I have Ego. Makes you look a little shady, don’t you think? There were just the same function and variable names (the download link is still available btw thanks to Mediafire, so it took me a minute to compare both binaries that have very few lines of code). 

There is a huge difference putting your name as one of the people who worked on this app than removing the original author credits and claiming you’re the author. I added my name as I did some refactoring to the Sky-Editor and made it edit actual binary files, but if you check the about section and binary properties, the credits of the original authors are still there:

sky_editor_copyrights.png

And the N3ME (2014):

map_editor_copyrights.png

This is exactly the reason why I mentioned you are a manipulative liar, it’s really not my thing to accuse people just like that. It was in no way an open source project to the point that people from the Turkish community forums bothered coming to your post in snoxd and show evidence (as we can see in the previous attached files).

If you re-read again all the posts made by me in comparison to yours, you'll find out there is not a single word of me being proud or talking about my success. I really have no idea what’s wrong with you, but you really seem to be suffering from something, not just ego. I regret spending my time on trying to help you realize that you live in your own bubble without having a little bit of self-reflection. You don’t even realize how damaging you’re to yourself as a human being. It really affects your mental health when you go that low, especially now during a pandemic. Use that time for something productive instead of continuing digging yourself into a deeper hole, honestly…

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

I think it's hilarious that I found my name being referenced in relation to KO more than 10 years after my last real involvement. Glad to see the community is still focused on arguing about ego lol.

FWIW, Twostars has probably done more for this community (thanklessly) than any other person and is one of only a handful of people who should even be bragging about what they have done. Everybody here likes to brag about their contributions, but overlook things like Twostars delivering a perfectly good base of an emulator to be built upon, completely open to the community. All anybody had to do was contribute...

If half as much effort was put into learning, cooperating, and building with one another, this community would have had a fully functional emulator years ago. But, there's too much effort put into "what I did, because I am the best" and that holds all of you back. Not to mention, it's relatively easy to get into a position paying 100k+ in the USA with reasonable knowledge of many of the same skills/concepts that you can learn from working on these things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Not to mention, it's relatively easy to get into a position paying 100k+ in the USA with reasonable knowledge of many of the same skills/concepts that you can learn from working on these things.

This... 100%. It was highly surprising to me when I first stepped into my job (Network Engineer) where so many items have popped up in my job that I learned thanks to KO (I am by no means a programmer nor a pro developer) but the technical items you can pick up on and the overall skills you get with troubleshooting irritating very very vague Aujard logs has essentially allowed me to really sit down in my job and has allowed for multiple promotions just do to my patience with correcting issues. I can honestly say I make a great living because of KO and the time I spent working with people on projects. I am now a Senior IT Manager for one of the largest retailers in the US and I still run into items I learned while doing KO development. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jonny said:

I think it's hilarious that I found my name being referenced in relation to KO more than 10 years after my last real involvement. Glad to see the community is still focused on arguing about ego lol.

If people would've stopped seeing KO as a source of income and appreciate more the development aspect of our childhood game that we all love/d, things might have turned out completely different community-wise. The more we learn, the more we realize how much we don't know (Dunning-Kruger effect), but how can anyone learn while being in the wrong environment.

FWIW, Twostars has probably done more for this community (thanklessly) than any other person and is one of only a handful of people who should even be bragging about what they have done. Everybody here likes to brag about their contributions, but overlook things like Twostars delivering a perfectly good base of an emulator to be built upon, completely open to the community. All anybody had to do was contribute...

The current community has no real goals-set to create an emulator, rather keep it educational and support each other. Now whether people within our community decides going towards this direction, it's up to them and no one should feel the social-pressure to contribute. 

Twostars at the time had different agendas and I think the fact that his name keeps appearing speaks for itself. However, I'm not really involved much in the PSKO apart from giving support in my spare time when I can to some of the questions we get here, but as far as I can see from the community member's posts, a lot of them are using soacs, which has nothing to do with the emulator Twotstars and others were working on. No offense, but I sometimes perceive from people in an exaggerated way, say in other words that if no Twostars, there wouldn't be any KODev community and I'm having hard time to believe it's true (specifically from nikos32 comments). Many of us sure Twostars did great things and there is no meaning to disrespect anyone, but looking at the fact when BitShift started working on the OpenKO (client & server project), before he open-sourced it, he was still unsure whether to start with the official leaked server files code-base or using the snoxd-project (server project) as a starting point. But even before that, the game was working completely fine as a v1068 client & server apart from some few bugs and missing implementations. Let's roughly say that 85% of the core implementation is already there and working.

If half as much effort was put into learning, cooperating, and building with one another, this community would have had a fully functional emulator years ago. But, there's too much effort put into "what I did, because I am the best" and that holds all of you back. Not to mention, it's relatively easy to get into a position paying 100k+ in the USA with reasonable knowledge of many of the same skills/concepts that you can learn from working on these things.

With that I couldn't agree more and like I commented in other posts, all it takes is the desire to learn and take initiative without waiting for things to magically happen. For that reason I'm also encouraging anyone looking into the code and start something if they ever feel the desire.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 1:01 PM, mo3head said:

Oh yeah mo3head lol GG

I remember we owned ibsk8r together thanks for that mo3head. I gave ibsk8r the 1298 files with compiled original myko database. Goatcheese helped me encrypt the tbl of the client back then. I opened Knight Empire together with ibsk8r, it was my idea developed everything and he only paid for hosting it. He inserted all kinds of special unique items into people's character for $$$, when I confronted him about it he told me had to do it to help out his family. I never made a single penny out of KO. He apologized and that was his weak excuse, hosting a private server for money instead of giving something to the community. Then you msged me to help you and we got access back into the dedicated server. I dumped KSC files of all edited chars and replaced the panel thanks for that after that ibsk8r was finished lol. He cared only about the shekels

PS: It was not only two stars contributing to KO, Stork, Goatcheese and I did as well I leaked the Ebenezer 1298 before anyone had 1298 files, leaked it on rage zone anyone can look it up. And there are way more ppl that I didn't mention it would be a long list. Basically all the 1298 files came from me as we bought it from a Chinese hacker who hacked myko right before it closed. A friend paid 2500$ for it and nobody knows him he's just another Noname in KO history. So stop bragging lots of people contributed to the scene. To make it work with 1298 USKO client Ironman made the loginserver on my request which he released later on.

Edited by Tahsin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1