Approved Some suggestion about ko dev section

Janek

I see it pointless for now , the developer group is just a title xD nothing speical..

As of Web/scripts they will be released under Release sub forum for the reason , most of the people that "dev" ko has no clue in php , jquery etc etc.

if we are about to add something like it we should make new section for languages such as Java, PHP , C++ etc etc

On 2/21/2017 at 1:29 PM, JanekBack said:

Hey,

Can add group  "Developer"?

Add section 'Web/Script'

Add please some sub section TO " Guides & Tutorials " = Example SQL Query, Prodecedure

I don't see how an additional group "Developer" will contribute or help? 

As for coding (php, html, java, python - whatsoever), I believe we can arrange something if we have enough users supporting the idea.

I'm being a bit sceptical about this one as I doubt many people can actually contribute to such section.

SQL Query and such should go under guides / tutorials and in case it's a question, it can simply go under development itself. 

I agree, having a new title doesn't really help much. And most of those other categories I think already fit well within the subsections we have now.

@Adi Is it possible to add custom tags to posts? I vaguely remember seeing this when I recently made a post. Perhaps tags like "SQL" or "C++" could be added to the various posts in the Guides & Tutorials section and people could filter based on that? I'm not sure how the tagging system works though.

I'd actually like to write up a C++ tutorial on reading some of the various binary formats for KO. This could be useful for people, I don't know. I'd be interested in taking a poll to see which areas of KO development people are most interested in learning about. That could help decide what kind of tutorials we could focus on.

• Like 1

Just now, BitShift said:

@Adi Is it possible to add custom tags to posts? I vaguely remember seeing this when I recently made a post. Perhaps tags like "SQL" or "C++" could be added to the various posts in the Guides & Tutorials section and people could filter based on that? I'm not sure how the tagging system works though.

Yup! possible, which tags would you like to have there?

47 minutes ago, ForcePower said:

Probably will need like : C, C++, PHP, HTML,SQL...

also , need to increase again the title length... if you can increase it to 100 words then its gonna be awesome.

thanks.

Added

41 minutes ago, onurcanbektas said:

Addition to those, Java and Lua would be nice too.

Added

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BitShift said:

I think those are probably all the tags we'll need for now. Also I'd say have one "C/C++" tag, most people don't really think of C and C++ as being too different.

Done.

Personally, old Snoxd had a large amount of different groups people could join into... (Hacker, Web Introducer, KO Developer, KO Team... etc) and to be honest it is what inclined me to learn everything I did. You cannot say badges don't mean anything and people won't work harder for it. 

• Like 2

I agree, we need more sections added, what happened to Snoxd by the way? There were lots of helpful guides and releases there as well, sad to see them go to waste, hope KO4Life can bring them back somehow.

9 hours ago, 0RC said:

I agree, we need more sections added, what happened to Snoxd by the way? There were lots of helpful guides and releases there as well, sad to see them go to waste, hope KO4Life can bring them back somehow.

I started to re-post the materilas that was in snoxd , hopefully to finish it asap.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 0RC said:

Snoxd was shutdown due to a lack of people contributing and people asking the same questions over and over again (and a number of other issues). I also think Twostars was just ready to put Snoxd to bed - so that's what he did.

• Adi locked this topic