Private Server Development Changes

Gilad

Over the last few days, I've cleaned the Private Server Development section and made few changes that should be less confusing to browse.

The main changes in short are:

• Assembly Patches section moved from Guides & Tutorials to Private Server Development.
  • Removed Exclusive Releases & Exclusive Support sections (They never has been to use and confused some users where to post).
  • Removed bunch of irrelevant content that posted by users wanting to view the hidden content.

Some of you will notice that some of the more popular topics we have in this forum reduced their pages count. This is because I've removed over 400 of irrelevant comments of users wanting to view the hidden content (i.e "Thank you!", "Bump", etc...). Also some comments has been edited that quotes the whole post including bunch of images instead of quoting just text (making their comment taking half a page).

We can understand the reason of users commenting in order to view the hidden content, but we have the Reaction System for that. We don't want to remove this feature that hides the content so we can still have activity on our site. To reduce us the work of removing unnecessary spam, please only comment on topics if you want to say something nice to the author of the post (not just a forced "thank you") or if you have something relevant to say in regarding the post. 

We though about multiple solutions that will make it easier for the users to understand that using the reaction system also exposes the hidden content. One of them was by developing a plugin that will remind users to use the reaction system before posting if text is matched with a specific criteria. This has been added to our TODO list and will be implemented in the future.

• Like 7

This is a matter everybody whom interested in assistance within these sections should take seriously.

There are developers here who spend their own time voluntarily in assisting others so you can carry on with your projects or hobbies whether it's just for fun or an educational hobby.

Please follow the guidelines Gilad has mentioned above.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

95% of the content that's in this PSKO section is stuff that twostars, osmanx, me and a couple of other guys used to share back in 2008-2014 at Snoxd and KODevs. I'm surprised that there are still people out there who find all this stuff useful, to the point that you actually needed to have "exclusive" sections, lol.

On 4/7/2020 at 6:39 AM, nikos32 said:

95% of the content that's in this PSKO section is stuff that twostars, osmanx, me and a couple of other guys used to share back in 2008-2014 at Snoxd and KODevs. I'm surprised that there are still people out there who find all this stuff useful, to the point that you actually needed to have "exclusive" sections, lol.

Okay, that is a huge LOL. 

April fools has already passed Nikos. 

• Like 2