Server owner group suggestion

Flash

I propose a "Server owner" role, equal to "Developer" role.

The other ko4life forum is having major issues lately so I wouldn't be surprised if more users will move here for general private server discussions as well.

Therefore, I'd like to propose a server owner role group.

Best,

Flash

• Like 2

Hi @Flash, thanks for the suggestion.

I like the idea and will gladly add it. That will also allow us to organize the KODev group better.

Note that a member could be in two roles (groups in IPB terms) at max. This said and to clarify further; normally we assign KODev to members that have been contributing to the community with proven knowledge in development, not necessarily in coding, but KO-development in general or problem solving. We also have members here who are both, server owners and contributing to the community, or generally being helpful.

Now if we introduce the Server Owner group, I'll need to make sure I'm not just giving it to anyone who posts in the Private Server Area section, rather do it manually by request after they proved to actually be a server owner. We can later introduce what benefits members who are in this group will get.

Open to thoughts and will be happy to hear more members sharing their thoughts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flash said:

I propose a "Server owner" role, equal to "Developer" role.

The other ko4life forum is having major issues lately so I wouldn't be surprised if more users will move here for general private server discussions as well.

Therefore, I'd like to propose a server owner role group.

Best,

Flash

Yes, do you know the reason of that? its something like images won't loading i see last time, right now is down? its DDoS?

4 hours ago, Janek said:

Yes, do you know the reason of that? its something like images won't loading i see last time, right now is down? its DDoS?

The comment system there is broken for a while there, you need to paste comments in a code format.

The loading issue with broken images and javascript trouble is an expired SSL cert issue. 

It will work normally when SSL cert enforced redirect gets revoked or re-newed.

Being up & down is likely not related to any type of DDoS, it seems more like a Cloudflare miss-config for browsers and traffic pass-through.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Flash said:

The comment system there is broken for a while there, you need to paste comments in a code format.

The loading issue with broken images and javascript trouble is an expired SSL cert issue. 

It will work normally when SSL cert enforced redirect gets revoked or re-newed.

Being up & down is likely not related to any type of DDoS, it seems more like a Cloudflare miss-config for browsers and traffic pass-through.

Seems the turn off SSL and its work normally like u said.

I added a Server Owner group which should have more permissions than regular members: https://ko4life.net/search/?type=core_members&group[18]=1

Please let me know if I missed anyone or feel free to DM me.

Also @Flash, @Janek, if you want to have a nice badge as we have for Developer and other groups, would you be so kind to help in creating one? I don't have the psd files for that. One that matches this frame and style with dark yellowish background:

Developer.png

Note that it has to be same dimensions (140x40) and transparent background in png format. These badges show up on the left side of the profile for every post. Example:image.png

• 1 month later...