What is v1098

can_snoxd

Since last year people with 1 digit IQ making up oxymoron terms like "1098 myko" ,this annoys me a lot and i hope this topic will guide future generation of developers a little

Myko aka malaysian ko most people know this for pre fire drake 1298-1310 as you can see from video below no rebirth and any usko stuff

and 1098 below (Aka 1112 or 11xx)

Ui like this (no ally chat bar) and no cape most versions has purple hp bar because uifs bugged (default sohu client comes with purple hp bar)

3c3ede705877b7dc40cdf3b1f63923a1.jpg.45fa02b9e526274d2d1c86d4b1ae7afe.jpg

and most important screaming orc login (it exist on 1264 client too its removed on 1298)

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.9d88c59dd1ae4406087c820d5b65be45.jpg

And oxymoron example

What this is basicly 1298 skinned post 1886 versions , has no relation with 1098 or myko

753_1644021640.thumb.jpeg.ecc17c45494f7918d10730f8587de8ab.jpeg

354898.thumb.jpg.2832794a423ab75b6ab48ca8bd0c6aad.jpg

Edited by can_snoxd

It's called marketing, people are fully aware they won't be playing an actual 1098 because they don't exist, in-fact they've already adapted to a higher engine re-skin to MYKO being called 1098 and they're expecting the features you are describing.

The server you are show casing seems to have a decent player base, so it obviously works for them.

The naming is purposely done, you should know that.

So to each it's own, not sure why it's bothering you.

At the end of the day players play these servers to farm gold (or) to enjoy what "reminds" them of the past meanwhile ensuring stability of game server files and quality gameplay.

Edited by Flash

14 hours ago, ReesesPieces said:

You are posting in the wrong forum, English community is for the most part very aware of the different versions, it would be the Turkish community who get confused.

Its for archive purpose so people wont mislead or confuse years later
https://web.archive.org/web/20220626165501/https://ko4life.net/topic/5534-what-is-v1098/

7 hours ago, Flash said:

It's called marketing, people are fully aware they won't be playing an actual 1098 because they don't exist, in-fact they've already adapted to a higher engine re-skin to MYKO being called 1098 and they're expecting the features you are describing.

The server you are show casing seems to have a decent player base, so it obviously works for them.

The naming is purposely done, you should know that.

So to each it's own, not sure why it's bothering you.

At the end of the day players play these servers to farm gold (or) to enjoy what "reminds" them of the past meanwhile ensuring stability of game server files and quality gameplay.

Marketting ???  when people look into past with archive.org links a few years later they are gonna get confused its out job to clarify and correct stupid stuff like that. I dont know the server in the picture i just google it and saw from results could be old server.

As i explain in the main post this is false advertising and clickbait for nostalgia to trap english players on short lifespan garbage turkish servers.If even one person read this post and understand what i mean its good for our community

Edited by can_snoxd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...