Can we add [Solved] tag or category.

Kageyoshi

Hi @Kageyoshi,

Thanks for the great suggestion, however I'm not sure if you noticed, but couple of months ago I enabled into the Private Server Development section something similar to what I believe you're referring to:

solved_topics.jpg

go_to_solution.jpg

Additionally, it shows on the user's profile that had their answers selected:

votes.jpg

For now only moderators can select a question that was considered as an answer that solved the author's post, so that the selected answers are not coming from biased opinions. However this is open for discussion in case you think it makes sense for everyone to be able to select answers. My only concern is that this system gets abused and then the selected answer will not really be the correct one.

We can also add prefixes, however it's not as manageable and requires editing posts individually.

Open to thoughts and thank you once again.

• Like 1

Yea, I did notice it that is why I wrote about the tag. Because even though we can search for them, they are hard to spot on forum topic list:

802EE2A8-D58F-45B6-AA61-C86C983D1792.thumb.jpeg.328d5f048e22c251a8c069e2d8ee56c8.jpeg

What I ment is adding this little tag on left side of topic, so when we browse forum we can see clearly which topics have been solved and which ones weren’t. Could be same as that „C++” or „PHP” tags from picture 😁

Edited by Kageyoshi
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Kageyoshi said:

What I ment is adding this little tag on left side of topic, so when we browse forum we can see clearly which topics have been solved and which ones weren’t. Could be same as that „C++” or „PHP” tags from picture 😁

Gotcha. Considering it's about visibility and we use this section for questions, I've converted it to Questions instead of Discussions. Any users can now Up-Vote and moderators can select the best answers. I'll try to make the effort and keep track of this to see if it works out well. Open to thoughts and feedback.

I will also appreciate hearing some feedback from more members in this forum, e.g. what you like, dislike about this, as we can easily revert this section back to Discussions.

• Cheers 1