Running KO more than once on same pc?

LionRoar

Question

i was told i can do it with vmware but didn't exactly get information of what vmware is exactly and how can I use it to run KO twice?

I want to be able to login with my merchant character for merchanting while im playing with my main character, any ideas?

15 answers to this question

Definitely possible, never tried it myself but I was told by a few players in the past that it is working.

However, note, this is bannable. Punishable just like any other sort of Multiclient so if you do consider using it after this warning, use it on your own risk..

Just now, Adi said:

Definitely possible, never tried it myself but I was told by a few players in the past that it is working.

However, note, this is bannable. Punishable just like any other sort of Multiclient so if you do consider using it after this warning, use it on your own risk..

i heard about it too but i mean, does nttgame have any way to track it down? as someone who works in there.. you should know i think?

it is using a different mac address based on what i read online just now..

15 minutes ago, BitShift said:

Some like this is also an option.

https://virmach.com/compare-vps-plans/

Basically like any other VM but has virtualization so it's possible to run KO.

are you referring to the premium VPS packages on the bottom? with Windows? it has not graphic card though, are you sure it can run KO?

17 hours ago, LionRoar said:

i heard about it too but i mean, does nttgame have any way to track it down? as someone who works in there.. you should know i think?

it is using a different mac address based on what i read online just now..

clearly, I can't exactly go into details regarding this but I am positive you can still get caught.

Will you get caught though? hard to tell, I can't promise whether you will or won't get caught but if I were you I wouldn't take the risk.

Much easier to consider what @BitShift suggested if you're capable of paying that monthly payment.

37 minutes ago, LionRoar said:

are you referring to the premium VPS packages on the bottom? with Windows? it has not graphic card though, are you sure it can run KO?

Sorry, these are the plans you want.

https://virmach.com/windows-remote-desktop-vps/

They are all 3D accelerated VMs but you have to enable the "High CPU" options which is like an extra 10/15 a month or something (otherwise they will shutdown the VM if CPU load is too high). It is a bit pricey so it's hard to say whether it is really worth it or not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adi said:

clearly, I can't exactly go into details regarding this but I am positive you can still get caught.

Will you get caught though? hard to tell, I can't promise whether you will or won't get caught but if I were you I wouldn't take the risk.

Much easier to consider what @BitShift suggested if you're capable of paying that monthly payment.

Okay thanks :)

7 hours ago, BitShift said:

Sorry, these are the plans you want.

https://virmach.com/windows-remote-desktop-vps/

They are all 3D accelerated VMs but you have to enable the "High CPU" options which is like an extra 10/15 a month or something (otherwise they will shutdown the VM if CPU load is too high). It is a bit pricey so it's hard to say whether it is really worth it or not.

damn it :( i was hopping it would be cheaper.. unsure if keeping a merchant account on that VM would be worth it... I guess it depend on the profit I might/will make by keeping that merchant up 24/7

either way, thank you for your help.

if there's anyone else with other ideas i will would like to hear about it

Just to point out, no matter if you're running VMWare yourself or buying that service, it would still look as a virtual machine in either case, correct? How can you be sure they won't just detect that machine you're renting somehow and bans it simply because it's a virtual machine?
Won't have the same IP though, but that's easily fixed with VPN's being really cheap.

Personally i'd just do a regular multi-client and if i wanted to feel a little more secure i'd probably just host a virtual machine with VPN.

And from personal experience KO use Themida to prevent virtual machines, if that's the only way they can detect a virtual machine you would still have to edit the registry a bit to prevent Themida from blocking the launch of the client, and from there you can make it look like a legit machine.

Was a while since i did any such thing in USKO (i assume you're talking about USKO/Steam) but it's probably still the same and a regular multi-client wouldn't be hard to figure out with the help of google ;)

7 hours ago, HenkaN said:

How can you be sure they won't just detect that machine you're renting somehow and bans it simply because it's a virtual machine?

I can guarantee you this won't happen. At least in my experience it's never been an issue. I'm not sure about all the other stuff though.

On 8/30/2017 at 10:36 PM, HenkaN said:

Just to point out, no matter if you're running VMWare yourself or buying that service, it would still look as a virtual machine in either case, correct? How can you be sure they won't just detect that machine you're renting somehow and bans it simply because it's a virtual machine?
Won't have the same IP though, but that's easily fixed with VPN's being really cheap.

Personally i'd just do a regular multi-client and if i wanted to feel a little more secure i'd probably just host a virtual machine with VPN.

And from personal experience KO use Themida to prevent virtual machines, if that's the only way they can detect a virtual machine you would still have to edit the registry a bit to prevent Themida from blocking the launch of the client, and from there you can make it look like a legit machine.

Was a while since i did any such thing in USKO (i assume you're talking about USKO/Steam) but it's probably still the same and a regular multi-client wouldn't be hard to figure out with the help of google ;)

do you have any VPN recommendations?

On 8/31/2017 at 0:15 AM, ReesesPieces said:

There's a lot more to the prevention of multi client then some registry editing lol.

like what?

On 8/31/2017 at 6:15 AM, BitShift said:

I can guarantee you this won't happen. At least in my experience it's never been an issue. I'm not sure about all the other stuff though.

Did you actually try it for such purposes? (merchanting, setting an afk character etc.?)

53 minutes ago, LionRoar said:

Did you actually try it for such purposes? (merchanting, setting an afk character etc.?)

Yeah, I did it for a while and eventually decided it wasn't worth the price. The biggest pain is setting up the merchant mode because it is pretty laggy via remote desktop.

39 minutes ago, BitShift said:

Yeah, I did it for a while and eventually decided it wasn't worth the price. The biggest pain is setting up the merchant mode because it is pretty laggy via remote desktop.

Ah then it might be a real pain in the ass every time I get disconnected.. I thought this might be handy because I might be able to simply set it up remotely through my phone if I'm not at home but if you say it's laggy and I believe you're talking about logging remotely through PC and not a phone then I believe it will be impossible to do anything through a phone lol.

I think I might actually just use a vmware question is how do I make sure they don't find out I'm using a vmware..

16 hours ago, LionRoar said:

do you have any VPN recommendations?

I'm using a Swedish VPN since there's where i live, it's really cheap, fast and unlimited bandwidth though. Search around, i'm sure UK have somethine like this. :)

15 hours ago, LionRoar said:

I think I might actually just use a vmware question is how do I make sure they don't find out I'm using a vmware..

Don't think they will find out actually, i wouldn't do anything else then just get KO running. 

8 hours ago, HenkaN said:

I'm using a Swedish VPN since there's where i live, it's really cheap, fast and unlimited bandwidth though. Search around, i'm sure UK have somethine like this. :)

Don't think they will find out actually, i wouldn't do anything else then just get KO running. 

I don't need it to be the UK's, could be another country in europe so I would have a decent connection.. any ideas?