Approved Knight Online Development Catg

ForcePower

Greetings everyone!

First of all I want to say thanks to Adi! Nice platform man!

However, I feel that something is missing regarding KO, so, after twostars took down Snoxd, we tried to make our new board for development, actually we succued but we let Si hosting it again (kodevs days) and he is busy in real life...

My suggestion is to create new category under the name "KO Development"  or something like it , and ofc design it with pattern.

I don't mind to help create and led this category.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Achelous said:

It would definitely attract a certain person, I think a development would be nice but unfortunately there's not enough people sharing their hard work.

Indeed but nowdays its not true due the fact my team is working on Open source project for client and server source!!

ofcourse you need to have previous knowledge prog with C++ but this project can be good for people who want to study C++, also we need testers etc etc. :)

Just saw you one example of how people can gain knowledge and contribute :)

P.S:

Just a video that my partner made awhile before for new commers :)

Edited by ForcePower
  • Like 1

That's cool ForcePower.

However we shouldn't exaggerate over this subject. Primary reason of this section should be to gather new members and players to join the community boards and be active. It cannot be done in just a day, but it needs more time and only if we stand for it can become active.

We should want that members visiting here when they want to learn something or ask something, or just try. It has to become commercialized and not only putting up an open source project. In my opinion Private Server main section should be only 1 and the 'Private Server Technical support' should be changed to Private Server Development with 4 sub sections [Source Projects, Guides & Tutorials, Releases, Market].

Starting with the simple guides and tutorials that will allow people to just copy paste, even though they know how to do it, or write a query they will come here to copy paste it to save some time. There is tons of guides we can post, and tons of tools we can release. Nobody is going to release their finished product or the main project of course, but they might sell those, that's why there is market section. People that want's to at least learn c++ or contribute to an open project so they could use it for the server, will become active on source projects which has to be leaded by someone.

I'm getting pm's daily to support on development things, i do most of them free but often people do offer money for it. And if i have time i would gladly help. Currently for example if we talking about paid jobs i have 2 customers with requests. 1: Do some SQL/EVT things for 100.00$, it's funny because those things in SQL takes only 15 60 minutes to do, if he could visit the forums here he could ask and get the help needed by someone or perhaps for the best price. Of course i'll do it for him, but it's just odd that so simple things needs to be ordered when they are the basic of Development. Now the 2nd request i have is to translate the knight online client into an full Arabic language, the customer is prepared to pay 15.000 USD for the task, now if we had the sections here we could finish the task together for the customer, because that is really a hell of a job and it's not as easy as you think right now. I've done some, but there are some issues that i can't solve nor have the time for it, so perhaps we invite him to here and someone might help him out.

Now further more, the people nowadays don't know what they are buying from Turkish Sellers, they should ask us for advice before doing any kind of purchase. Like 2 years ago i my self purchased soacs system for 500.00 USD, and did i ever use it? No i didn't, it has problems, bugs, crashes.. I can't even log with that SOACS. So what i did is compile my own based on SOACS which gives no crashes or annoying bugs from the anticheat it self, additionally it doesn't have the antivirus deleting the knightonline.exe and it is an open anticheat where anything can be changed or added. Lately i've been thinking of using the existing anticheats and to create my own, because it is really not that hard it just takes time and effort and if anything should be done we should make a new anticheat using ACME / SOACS as a base. They did the same. We ask our selfs, why do we use Anti Cheat? The name it self sais ' Anti Hack ' like no hack, no cheat. But it is not true, the SOACS you buy has constantly hacks available for it on devilcrafty.net, so basically people are buying SOACS due to the events and features, which could be compiled into the server without even having the SOACS. So that's the only benefit, the events you obtain that saves you from creating your own. 

There is a lot of things that needs to be updated on the new anticheat.

But anyway put that aside, the development section should be done because a lot of people are going to visit only to learn basic simple things like '' How do i make this and that, how to i change this and that '' And majority of those members are ko players which will eventually use market places and so on, like Nickos32 for example, we saw him selling USKO items, but he was so active in Private Server Section right?

But it definitely needs a good moderator and that is not me. A moderator that will test certain links from the viruses [If it comes from untrusted sources] perhaps every post should be approved by active moderator and registration on the forum should be obligatory to view the dev forums.

NOTE: Only 15% out of all servers becomes a good and stable server, the rest 85% ends up with no players or lack of stability.

Regards.

Edited by Andrej

10 minutes ago, Andrej said:

That's cool Amir.

However we shouldn't exaggerate over this subject. Primary reason of this section should be to gather new members and players to join the community boards and be active. It cannot be done in just a day, but it needs more time and only if we stand for it can become active.

We should want that members visiting here when they want to learn something or ask something, or just try. It has to become commercialized and not only putting up an open source project. In my opinion Private Server main section should be only 1 and the 'Private Server Technical support' should be changed to Private Server Development with 4 sub sections [Source Projects, Guides & Tutorials, Releases, Market].

Starting with the simple guides and tutorials that will allow people to just copy paste, even though they know how to do it, or write a query they will come here to copy paste it to save some time. There is tons of guides we can post, and tons of tools we can release. Nobody is going to release their finished product or the main project of course, but they might sell those, that's why there is market section. People that want's to at least learn c++ or contribute to an open project so they could use it for the server, will become active on source projects which has to be leaded by someone.

I'm getting pm's daily to support on development things, i do most of them free but often people do offer money for it. And if i have time i would gladly help. Currently for example if we talking about paid jobs i have 2 customers with requests. 1: Do some SQL/EVT things for 100.00$, it's funny because those things in SQL takes only 15 60 minutes to do, if he could visit the forums here he could ask and get the help needed by someone or perhaps for the best price. Of course i'll do it for him, but it's just odd that so simple things needs to be ordered when they are the basic of Development. Now the 2nd request i have is to translate the knight online client into an full Arabic language, the customer is prepared to pay 15.000 USD for the task, now if we had the sections here we could finish the task together for the customer, because that is really a hell of a job and it's not as easy as you think right now. I've done some, but there are some issues that i can't solve nor have the time for it, so perhaps we invite him to here and someone might help him out.

Now further more, the people nowadays don't know what they are buying from Turkish Sellers, they should ask us for advice before doing any kind of purchase. Like 2 years ago i my self purchased soacs system for 500.00 USD, and did i ever use it? No i didn't, it has problems, bugs, crashes.. I can't even log with that SOACS. So what i did is compile my own based on SOACS which gives no crashes or annoying bugs from the anticheat it self, additionally it doesn't have the antivirus deleting the knightonline.exe and it is an open anticheat where anything can be changed or added. Lately i've been thinking of using the existing anticheats and to create my own, because it is really not that hard it just takes time and effort and if anything should be done we should make a new anticheat using ACME / SOACS as a base. They did the same. We ask our selfs, why do we use Anti Cheat? The name it self sais ' Anti Hack ' like no hack, no cheat. But it is not true, the SOACS you buy has constantly hacks available for it on devilcrafty.net, so basically people are buying SOACS due to the events and features, which could be compiled into the server without even having the SOACS. So that's the only benefit, the events you obtain that saves you from creating your own. 

There is a lot of things that needs to be updated on the new anticheat.

But anyway put that aside, the development section should be done because a lot of people are going to visit only to learn basic simple things like '' How do i make this and that, how to i change this and that '' And majority of those members are ko players which will eventually use market places and so on, like Nickos32 for example, we saw him selling USKO items, but he was so active in Private Server Section right?

But it definitely needs a good moderator and that is not me. A moderator that will test certain links from the viruses [If it comes from untrusted sources] perhaps every post should be approved by active moderator and registration on the forum should be obligatory to view the dev forums.

NOTE: Only 15% out of all servers becomes a good and stable server, the rest 85% ends up with no players or lack of stability.

Regards.

Actually , I talked about the Open Source project as example of why not only certain people will enjoy it.

ofcourse the main purpose of section (not a sub!) of KO development will be for tutorials , share , help etc etc.

As I mentioned before , I am willing to take the resposibility and led this section.

~ ForcePower

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Sounds good, any suggested prefixes under these sub-sections ?

10 minutes ago, ImmortalOne said:

How one of most known scammerin psko community can talk about virused files if every server hes run got kloggers in clients?

Hello grobar

According to the forum rules - Trolling,Hate speech or any kind of insults is not allowed on the forums.
Please provide a proof - any kind of evidence of files being infected or any kind of scam.

The 1.400 accounts created and logged to United PvP since 12.02 - 18.02 had no problems.

So please provide an evidence of keyloggers, or ask the 1.400 players of the beta.. If you cannot provide an evidence of it, and just insulting and trolling i believe according to the rules you have to be banned from the forums.

Regards.

Edited by Andrej

I think this is a great idea and, if implemented, would get myself and others to be active on your forum.

54 minutes ago, Adi said:

Sounds good, any suggested prefixes under these sub-sections ?

I'd say let's add "OpenKO" under the "Source Projects" sub-section. That seems reasonable.

12 minutes ago, BitShift said:

I think this is a great idea and, if implemented, would get myself and others to be active on your forum.

I'd say let's add "OpenKO" under the "Source Projects" sub-section. That seems reasonable.

OpenKO? what do you mean exactly by OpenKO?

29 minutes ago, ImmortalOne said:

How one of most known scammerin psko community can talk about virused files if every server hes run got kloggers in clients?

Hello grobar

5 minutes ago, ImmortalOne said:

Actually i dont even thing about trolling just saying true

If what you're saying is true, please provide an evidence, I will be more than happy to ban someone for scamming / attempting to steal from other users. 

Just now, Adi said:

OpenKO is the project which ForcePower linked a video of. You can find the repo here. It is server/client compiling from source and it has other addons like UIE and I'm currently working on an item editor as well (here).

Just now, Adi said:

If what you're saying is true, please provide an evidence, I will be more than happy to ban someone for scamming / attempting to steal from other users. 

OpenKO is a open source project that started by bitshift , then we started to working together and now we are group of 5 people which working on it.

We took the old leaked source of KO (1089) and re-write it both in Server side and Client side to the version of 1298.

What is our goal?

1.Make the server side and client running in any os such as Mac nd Linux.

Imagine how beauty it will be playing Knight Online on linux / mac without any emoulator?

2. Having a client source is huge benfit to any developer since there is NO client source at all.

this way u can add and make custom lands, items and the list just keep growing up (also make a REAL ANTI CHEAT)

I just wrote a few of the purpose the main goal is to learn how KO system should work and code it neat, also getting better and learn C++.

I think @BitShift can help me describe it much better , also @Adi I recommand you watch the video I provided in previous comment there.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BitShift said:

OpenKO is the project which ForcePower linked a video of. You can find the repo here. It is server/client compiling from source and it has other addons like UIE and I'm currently working on an item editor as well (here).

I've created the section with additional sub sections https://ko4life.net/forum/10-private-server-development/ 

Seen a few minutes of the video you posted there, looks like you're putting some effort into this one.

If you would like to have a formal topic posted under Source Projects I don't mind sticking it there :)

17 minutes ago, ImmortalOne said:

http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f115/raise-myko-official-announced-356452/index4.html

Here we go mr grubar 

Servers/people like that is many more

As I said earlier, I need an evidence of him scamming or attempting to at least.

Trust me, I'll be the first one to ban someone for such a reason but I need something solid in order to do that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Adi said:

As I said earlier, I need an evidence of him scamming or attempting to at least.

Trust me, I'll be the first one to ban someone for such a reason but I need something solid in order to do that.

1) 

• All post should be related to their specific sections. Unrelated posts should go to off-topic section. 
  • Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. Excessive flaming will lead to a ban.
  • Sensitive information like cheats, hacks and security leaks should NOT be posted in any public section. PM a moderator if you want to report this. Sensitive information will be deleted or moved to a private section for security reasons.
  • If you would like to start a 'flame war' make sure to use the correct section

Policing

• Users that do NOT follow these rules will be banned.

Edited by Andrej

Just now, Andrej said:

But if there is no evidence he is free to post anything he wish? I really thought this forum will be dealt differently and not having flame and troll wars in every topic. 
And now i must leave my post of personal information's up there just to show people that he's lying? i'll delete that soon due to personal information's being posted.

Well NO. I really don't need this, i have too much work to stay here and defend on the accusations without any proof or evidence.

Adi if you gonna allow insults and trolls such without proof i'm really not going to be active on those forums and so does others prolly.

Look how many rules that you wrote he broke

1) 

• All post should be related to their specific sections. Unrelated posts should go to off-topic section. 
  • Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. Excessive flaming will lead to a ban.
  • Sensitive information like cheats, hacks and security leaks should NOT be posted in any public section. PM a moderator if you want to report this. Sensitive information will be deleted or moved to a private section for security reasons.
  • If you would like to start a 'flame war' make sure to use the correct section

Policing

• Users that do NOT follow these rules will be banned.

Just decide ADI, whether we gonna go by the rules or anyone can say anything he wish out of hes ass. I only joined here because i read rules and thought this won't be a jungle but a good forum with authority.

I've issued for him a warning already, don't push me to do the same thing for you because you're currently hijacking someone else's thread.

Stay on topic. 

7 minutes ago, Adi said:

I've created the section with additional sub sections https://ko4life.net/forum/10-private-server-development/ 

Seen a few minutes of the video you posted there, looks like you're putting some effort into this one.

If you would like to have a formal topic posted under Source Projects I don't mind sticking it there :)

Excellent, I'll write up a post outlining the project's direction and goals, listing people who have contributed, and how people who are interested could contribute if they would like. Give me a day or two to compile this and I'll post it to the Source Projects subsection. Thanks.

• Like 1

Server Owners Developpers can show a way to newbies by making guide's that's not a problem but nowadays people are too lazy I'm not even talking about source code's. They're lazy to understand how TBL works they don't even bother to try something new or even some simple Database works. They're just looking database's from forums installing everything and launching a server.

Personally Guides section would be good but a " Development Category " hell yeah who's gonna really share their own source code's around (Not the shared one's already). I bet nobody , because you're spending time on it and effort and (some) people just wait for a copy paste.

• Adi locked this topic