Can Knight Online be used on macOS?

LionRoar

Question

hey guys,

I got the other day the MacBook Pro 15-inch version for work but I was wondering whether I can run KO on it ? i know that officially ko supports only Windows but is there a way around it? I don't even need it to run crazy fast, just work properly so I can setup merchant and walk at moradon.. but based on the laptop's specs, i believe i might even be able to PK with it lol

Edited by LionRoar

7 answers to this question

Well.. try this:

1.Get Parallels Desktop program - http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ 
2.Get Windows (an ISO, either use a Disk or download online), looks like it was tested only with Windows XP and it works fine, you can also give windows 10 a try.

3. Install Parallels Desktop, once you're at the part where you install Windows, please do so.

4. Start-up Windows when it's ready.
5. Download KO.
6. Install KO.

7.See if you can run KO on a Mac using Windows XP on Parallels Desktop if not read the spoiler below: 

Spoiler

Go to "Run" or hit Windows Key + R - type in "regedit" - go to find "VideoBiosVersion" -> right click on it to Modify, copy n paste this bold line as:

NOBOX__ VGA-Compatible BIOS Version 3.02111.87921

into that "VideoBiosVersion"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BitShift said:

I'm not 100% sure but I know a lot of people running Linux use Bootcamp to run KO. You could try something similar to that for Mac (perhaps here or maybe here).

I heard about it but couldn't get it to work properly.. not sure why, maybe I did something wrong?

2 hours ago, Adi said:

Well.. try this:

1.Get Parallels Desktop program - http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ 
2.Get Windows (an ISO, either use a Disk or download online), looks like it was tested only with Windows XP and it works fine, you can also give windows 10 a try.

3. Install Parallels Desktop, once you're at the part where you install Windows, please do so.

4. Start-up Windows when it's ready.
5. Download KO.
6. Install KO.

7.See if you can run KO on a Mac using Windows XP on Parallels Desktop if not read the spoiler below: 

Reveal hidden contents

Go to "Run" or hit Windows Key + R - type in "regedit" - go to find "VideoBiosVersion" -> right click on it to Modify, copy n paste this bold line as:

NOBOX__ VGA-Compatible BIOS Version 3.02111.87921

into that "VideoBiosVersion"

I will try it out, I have to get my hands on a Windows CD..

will keep you posted.

• Like 1