KO4Life is back! :D

Kageyoshi

Well after some time I have popped and tried to post an answer to an topic, and it worked so I guess forum is back to its full functionality, and that's great news! We will spread the word and love for this community and bring people back to get this party going! Thanks to Admins for bringing back our beloved forum!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Yoshikage said:

Well after some time I have popped and tried to post an answer to an topic, and it worked so I guess forum is back to its full functionality, and that's great news! We will spread the word and love for this community and bring people back to get this party going! Thanks to Admins for bringing back our beloved forum!

Thank you @Yoshikage.

It's still kind of work in progress with the hosting company where Adi and I are trying to close possibilities and guiding them through to allow proper permissions for the platform to run to it's full capacity. The new version of the platform we're using has different requirements to run and it has been quite annoying having to deal with the hosting company for every small change. That's why although the forum was still running, it was not possible to post.

The first day we started having issues I was running a clone of this forum on my personal Linux machine and everything was running smooth with 0 issues (unfortunately it's more expensive tho, hence we stick to using the hosting option since the donations don't cover the costs) and @can_snoxd was kindly helping in the background with testing. That's when we realized it's some issues that need to be addressed with our hosting rather than the platform itself, where we are pretty much limited to change certain configurations ourselves.

Both Adi and I have been very busy with our careers and only had time (sometimes) to deal with this on the weekends, so apologize to make everyone wait for quite a while now. We left the forum to serve as content in the meantime so it's accessible while we're trying to sort out these issues. Once everything will be solved; e.g. updating the plugins requirements, setting up a new theme to fit the platform version, fixing the permissions issues with the hosting, then we'll make an official announcement.

Many thanks for your patience!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well I (we) will never know how much heart and patience you and Adi have put to make this work again, but I (we) am deeply honored to be part of such amazing community, and you have my thanks for doing such awesome job! I hope everything will go smoothly with the rest of the fixes, and I wish you even more patience with hosting company! If there is anything I could do, just send me a PM and I will do what I can to help out!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Gilad said:

Thank you @Yoshikage.

It's still kind of work in progress with the hosting company where Adi and I are trying to close possibilities and guiding them through to allow proper permissions for the platform to run to it's full capacity. The new version of the platform we're using has different requirements to run and it has been quite annoying having to deal with the hosting company for every small change. That's why although the forum was still running, it was not possible to post.

The first day we started having issues I was running a clone of this forum on my personal Linux machine and everything was running smooth with 0 issues (unfortunately it's more expensive tho, hence we stick to using the hosting option since the donations don't cover the costs) and @can_snoxd was kindly helping in the background with testing. That's when we realized it's some issues that need to be addressed with our hosting rather than the platform itself, where we are pretty much limited to change certain configurations ourselves.

Both Adi and I have been very busy with our careers and only had time (sometimes) to deal with this on the weekends, so apologize to make everyone wait for quite a while now. We left the forum to serve as content in the meantime so it's accessible while we're trying to sort out these issues. Once everything will be solved; e.g. updating the plugins requirements, setting up a new theme to fit the platform version, fixing the permissions issues with the hosting, then we'll make an official announcement.

Many thanks for your patience!

Pretty sure server get crash when you open forum again , i had getting error on opera for 30 minutes after yoshikage's first post hehe

Edited by can_snoxd

Got to say that I'm glad we have such loyal community members.

I've been going through rough time in my career and still going (re-opening a restaurant and hiring / rebuiliding the staff) which is draining my time (13-16hours daily..)

With that being said, I've been trying to keep an eye on what's happening with Gilad although he's busy at RL as well but he still managed to get in touch with our hosting as mentioned in his post and started to move things in order to have the community working again.

The main issue was that for some reason, regular users couldn't post and even moderators couldn't but Admins could. That had nothing to do with the suite's permissions but something on the hosting's end (that's odd though).

Work in progress and I hope we'll manage to update all the apps/plugins very soon, as well as update a new theme which would fit the site better.