Ko4life wiki

can_snoxd

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @can_snoxd!

First off, thanks for the suggestion.

I don't disagree nor agree with this, this could be potentially useful for new players or even ex-ko players who wish to return.

However, it would require some fair foundations for it to be somewhat useful and lots of guides.

If you happen to know someone who's capable & interested of writing such guides for a KO wiki, I will be happy to look into the possiblity of adding it.

Adi

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Adi said:

Hey @can_snoxd!

First off, thanks for the suggestion.

I don't disagree nor agree with this, this could be potentially useful for new players or even ex-ko players who wish to return.

However, it would require some fair foundations for it to be somewhat useful and lots of guides.

If you happen to know someone who's capable & interested of writing such guides for a KO wiki, I will be happy to look into the possiblity of adding it.

Adi

I was thinking we should add as blank and anyone with developer tag could edit those pages so we will finish it part by part just like how normal wikis work (i assume its possible to add wiki page to this forum script idn if its possible or not)

On 12/1/2020 at 12:57 PM, can_snoxd said:

I was thinking we should add as blank and anyone with developer tag could edit those pages so we will finish it part by part just like how normal wikis work (i assume its possible to add wiki page to this forum script idn if its possible or not)

I see what you're referring to.

This might be interesting and possible when I think about it.

I'll dig into it a bit throughout this week and see what I can do about it.

Sorry for the delay by the way.

Adi

• Cheers 1

• 11 months later...
On 12/7/2020 at 4:09 PM, Adi said:

I see what you're referring to.

This might be interesting and possible when I think about it.

I'll dig into it a bit throughout this week and see what I can do about it.

Sorry for the delay by the way.

Adi

Any news ? i think wiki could be realy helpful , forum members can fill the wiki with their projects , patches and most important thing the server files changelogs. (Also it would be best limit wiki a little bit with minimum post limit like 50-100 or something or only developers could edit wiki itself etc to avoid bots or trolls)

usko_original.png.dc55cbccdd2baa9e2e0129bc612aa436.png

Edited by can_snoxd
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @can_snoxd,

Thanks for this nice suggestion.

It's technically do-able; there are couple of open-source projects we can use (WikiMatrix, MediaWiki etc..): https://stackoverflow.com/questions/541675/whats-the-best-open-source-wiki-platform

However, I'm trying to think how many people will actually contribute to it and whether it's worth our efforts to serve another page on a sub-domain such as wiki.ko4life.net?

There is indeed a lot of content here that could have gone into a Wiki page, such as: 

but again, that comes with the cost of maintaining another item in the list, whilst the search feature in this forum and SEO of the platform is pretty good in finding things.

Will appreciate to hear more thoughts if we consider taking that road.

• Cheers 1