Approved Twitch.tv

PootyTang

Hope everything is well with everyone.

I've been pondering this thought for a while now as I watch many of the big streamers and what games they play and how the community reacts to the games they play. Some games take off like crazy mainly just because of a streamer.

What does KO lack, other than many other things ( stay on topic y'all), a twitch community. Some turks stream and are pretty big streamers in the turkish community, but hardly any english/spanish/europeans take the time out to stream KO. What if somehow miraculously a huge influx of people come to the forums and are like 'WTF is KO?' They look on twitch and theirs nothing there... so more than likely they are going to think its a game that isn't worth playing at all. Twitch seems like the go to place for people interested in games to figure out what the game is about.

Now... what If we had an active English/ Other Languages streaming community on twitch, where people that visited the forums, saw a section on ko4life.net that directed to twitch streams, they go and check it out and get interested in the game through that?

Its not hard to stream, and to have a personality to keep people interested. I can always teach you how to set up your stream settings and OBS settings to get the best quality.

Just a suggestion, I'd like to hear the communities thoughts on this.

• Like 1

We can make this happen, perhaps an additional tab on the top redirecting to a page with all Twitch channels (the ones we'll add).

I would like to hear more thoughts about this one from the community though!

I've dabbled in the streaming, mostly around WoW/Overwatch and some Battlefield - I did however option up on KO and got around 80 viewers during peak turkish time, no idea what they're writing in the chat but it's constant, and they were only watching me genie lol, So no idea what PK would bring.

3 minutes ago, Achelous said:

I've dabbled in the streaming, mostly around WoW/Overwatch and some Battlefield - I did however option up on KO and got around 80 viewers during peak turkish time, no idea what they're writing in the chat but it's constant, and they were only watching me genie lol, So no idea what PK would bring.

When I'm pking I usually bring in 100-200 viewers, english and turkish. Some english players coming in and saying ' This game is still around? no way' and stuff like that. So I think it would be positive impact and I don't mind making a tutorial for everyone to use to set up OBS and twitch.

I have used Twitch for streaming KO in the past, mostly development stuff, and I do look on there for KO streamers from time to time. I think it would be awesome if more english players streamed and I won't definitely tune it to watch (plus I know it would bring more people to the forums - especially if each streamer we add to the tab was willing to also include a link to the forums on their Twitch profile).

1 hour ago, BitShift said:

I have used Twitch for streaming KO in the past, mostly development stuff, and I do look on there for KO streamers from time to time. I think it would be awesome if more english players streamed and I won't definitely tune it to watch (plus I know it would bring more people to the forums - especially if each streamer we add to the tab was willing to also include a link to the forums on their Twitch profile).

I'll gladly add a link to the forums without a doubt. I usually stream for private servers ( because I can't be ask going on to usko/ steam yet till i get more time) but I usually include the server I'm playing on and it usually helps the population of the private servers out, so I'm sure the idea would work the same with the forum. If someone could make an awesome banner/offline for the streams I'm sure we could get people to add them to it. I'm not too amazing with creating great visual stuff so I won't try touching it. Either way, anymore suggestions for twitch?

Edited by PootyTang

Definitely a good idea @PootyTang It will help the people to come back to KO.

As Adi said there should be a seperate TAB or something that will redirect to all the twitch streamers. I know few of them that are twitching are going to be twitching soon and even some are not part of ko4life.net

So adding twitch tab is a good thing for the forums and for the knight online game.

And additional suggestions. [off]

Please add banner advertising on top of forums with 2 spaces. For the start you could charge 25$ monthly, but if forum grows it can be charged up to 150$. However remember, the more banners you have the cheaper is the price. I suggest 2 banners.

• Like 1

Well i've been streaming for about 2weeks or so , the most viewers i got was like 50-40~ , 

I'm trying to keep the viewers interested but it's hard sometimes , cause the pk isn't constant and sometimes the viewers are like leaving because there is no Human/Orc in cz .

I really love the idea , Good thinking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingDane said:

Well i've been streaming for about 2weeks or so , the most viewers i got was like 50-40~ , 

I'm trying to keep the viewers interested but it's hard sometimes , cause the pk isn't constant and sometimes the viewers are like leaving because there is no Human/Orc in cz .

I really love the idea , Good thinking.

I've learned that turks love watching upgrading and seeing that were both on Private servers, upgrading a lot of items doesn't kill the bank. So I'll pk and stream, afterwards I'll just upgrade random stuff and talk to the chat because sometimes its hard to talk to the chat while in PK. This is also a good idea for private servers, getting advertisement out there for their servers and bringing players in.

@Adi also adi maybe if this goes through, have an award thing for twitch streamers, so you can easily see which users on the forum do streaming.

Edited by PootyTang

This idea wont work at all. Ko is not stream friendly. Look at the tops games that are streamed on daily basis. Heartstone, Leauge of legends, dota etc. The reason this games are so popular is because there is a constant motion and a constant change. Its not always the same thing. Debuff spike hueuehehehe. Nobody likes watching that. There is no different way to play this game. So its not interesting to watch this game. Ooo wow the guy has spike at 3 whereas i have mine located at 1. Such pro i must watch!! Its not gonna happen unless the mechanics gets reworked into something more flexible allowing different builds. Adi did you guys ever push a request to mgame about new ways to play the game or something? 

I agree that KO definitely isn't the most stream friendly game but if people are consistently streaming and even 10/20 people are tuning in then it seems like a success (relatively speaking). I wouldn't expect KO to be on the same level as Heartstone, LoL, Dota, etc. but the idea here (I think) is "can streaming pull in more people?" (either new players or old players interested in starting back again) - the answer to that question, I'd say, is "Yes" but if it'll probably only pull in like 1/2 players a month then maybe it isn't worth devoting forum resources to.

I think what we want to avoid is creating a page for streamers but have no one streaming 90% of the time. Or 1/2 streamers with 1 viewer. I was watching a stream earlier today that had 9 viewers so I know there are at least 9 people interested in watching KO. One possible method for quantifying this is to get streamers to advocate for their viewers to join the forums and comment on this post telling us why their interested in watching KO.

2 minutes ago, BitShift said:

I agree that KO definitely isn't the most stream friendly game but if people are consistently streaming and even 10/20 people are tuning in then it seems like a success (relatively speaking). I wouldn't expect KO to be on the same level as Heartstone, LoL, Dota, etc. but the idea here (I think) is "can streaming pull in more people?" (either new players or old players interested in starting back again) - the answer to that question, I'd say, is "Yes" but if it'll probably only pull in like 1/2 players a month then maybe it isn't worth devoting forum resources to.

I think what we want to avoid is creating a page for streamers but have no one streaming 90% of the time. Or 1/2 streamers with 1 viewer. I was watching a stream earlier today that had 9 viewers so I know there are at least 9 people interested in watching KO. One possible method for quantifying this is to get streamers to advocate for their viewers to join the forums and comment on this post telling us why their interested in watching KO.

I'll compile some information. A lot of the people that come into my stream are english people that watch twitch and casually look at the old game they used to play, then ask me what server I play, how active it is, then they download it and come into the servers and tell me thanks for getting them back into it. When I used to play united and zone myko I would have usually 8-10 people each day pm me in game asking when I'm going to stream or why I havent streamed but you're right in a sense, it could work in someways, but maybe it couldn't. I'm going to play around with the stream tonight and set up some new bots and finish up some stuff to get the name of the forums out there. Also the viewer count depends on how active you are with the chat, I usually pop out the chat onto my second screen and just talk to people that way, but I'm mainly a mage party pker so people seem to be interested in seeing the teamwork and the vs's. I usually always stream my 8v8's we do for KC and then stream my upgrades and thats when I get the majority of my viewers of course. www.twitch.tv/mikeghud is my stream channel if you guys want to catch me streaming sometime.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Adi locked this topic