Update Donation System

Adi

I've received PMs from users asking about the donation system, the system is here for making sure this forum will stay up for years from now and possibly arrange some community giveaways as well!

Let me elaborate more about the benefits you get as a donor :o

Donor's benefits 

• By placing a donation you'll receive an icon of dollar sign and "Donor" next to it in every post you make.
Spoiler

7umqOIZ.jpg

• A 10$ donation will grant you all of the above and you'll also be moved to our Donors user-group and get a special badge too! gptmIUg.png 
  • You'll be able to name change once every 180 days! but keep in mind that every user will be able to see your name history in order to keep your reputation intact, for good or bad. 

Remember, this isn't forced upon, it is a donation and it will greatly help with keeping the forum up in the future.

The benefits from above are there in order to make it easier for you to place a donation, you may or may not use all benefits, based on your preference. 

*All the benefits in this page are subject to change, make sure you read carefully if you're doing it just for the benefits...

-KO4Life Staff

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Dylan said:

now this is a good donation system 14$ for a 50slot ts3 server for 2 month's? hell yeah

I figured our donors deserve something in return besides a sexy badge/color on the forums, something they can actually use!

Share your thoughts if you have additional suggestions in mind to make it even better :)

1 hour ago, KingDane said:

Just if u can add a Credit Card Donation and not only Paypal would be awesome.

Good Idea Adi , 

You should be able to make a donation with a credit card as well, through PayPal.

When you proceed to PayPal, on the left bottom corner you can see "Don't have a PayPal account?" and then you can simply use a credit card there by hitting "Continue".

Photo in the spoiler.

Spoiler

kBnA0Pq.jpg

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, NYSX said:

$10 doesn't make anyone rich or poor, it's important to support the open source community. A very good idea should be added directly to the credit card.

Hi @NYSX, thanks for the donation! It always helps covering the hosting costs.

You mean adding an option to pay donation with a credit card?

7 minutes ago, NYSX said:

Hi, @Gilad

Yes, I think it will be a much easier payment method to pay directly with a credit card.

I see and totally see your point, because I know some folks don't use PayPal. However since I see there is an option we can allow a Credit Card method through an external API, I'll discuss with @Adi about it.

• Like 1

Since PayPal change theirs policy effect is counterproductive. It may have been popular in the past, but not now. I am also not convinced about using CC on the web that's why I use BLIK. It seems to me that my country is the leader in such solutions. Unfortunately it has not yet entered the European market from the shoe like InPost. You need a universal solution, because I would donate myself, but sadly I don't want to use virtual card.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...